06 August 2007

Perhaps too tough and not always fair

There are sometimes days where, for no particular reason, maybe because of a minor comment someone made somewhere, I feel like I'm being attacked from all sides. Including within, where I re-examine everything about myself and how I do things in the world, how I respond to the world, how the world responds to me, and how this compares to the way others do these things. The one little comment colors the whole rest of my day.

It wasn't even meant as an attack from the person who made the comment, and they were careful to be clear on that point. But I have to wonder on the roots of its existence and ponder whether to do something about it, what to do about it, whether I once more need to change. In the meanwhile, every other disagreement I have anywhere else becomes overwhelming.

No comments: