13 February 2009

A Crash of Waves

My original low-resolution scan of a photo I took in southern California in 1994:


I passed a more recent, higher-resolution version of the scan to a friend (Robert Sloan 2), who turned it into art:

It's in soft pastels, for a contest that involves expensive prizes if he wins. He hears back about it probably in April.

Then I sold the high-resolution scan to BigStockPhoto.com. :)




(... and that's pretty much it for "good things that have happened to me this week." The rest of the week has been from blah to crummy.)

4 comments:

Eric said...

Sorry the rest of the week was b-to-c. Hope the weekend is far more excellent!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome pictures! Your friend is a good painter. I liked the other paintings you showed too.

My week has been pretty crappy too since I was sick most of it. The good thing was that we finally got our phone and TV to work.

Random Michelle K said...

LOCH NESS MONSTER!

Her vacation photos!

;)

mattw said...

Nessie certainly gets around. :)