07 July 2007

Living Alone

One of the biggest benefits of living alone is that everything is always exactly where I last left it.

Unfortunately, so are the dirty dishes in the sink that are waiting to go into the dishwasher, the clean dishes in the dishwasher that are waiting to go into the cabinets, and the ingredients in the fridge that are waiting to turn into food. Nobody helps put away the groceries, do the laundry, keep the bathrooms clean, or keep the dust off the furniture. If the car needs servicing, all the spare light bulbs are gone, the recycling needs to be run across town*, and there is camera film to be developed, there is no one to split those chores. I have to take care of all that myself.

I think I need a housekeeper.



*Savannah is a very backwards town. We don't have curbside recycling at all. To recycle, I have to drive it to the other side of town where they have a series of giant bins. It's a major expedition, especially through daytime traffic. I tend to save up my recyclables to ludicrous proportions before doing a trip every 2-3 months.

No comments: