10 July 2007

The Traffic Light That Hates Me

There is a traffic light that turns yellow the moment it sees me coming from around the corner a block away. By the time I get there, it's red. Then it makes me sit at an empty intersection before it finally decides to let me through.

Nothing else can possibly be triggering it. Oftentimes there is no other traffic at all - not on my road, and not on the crossing road. Just me and it.

I've found one way to defeat it at its own game. Instead of sitting there waiting, sometimes I'll turn right. Then I make a U-turn. Usually it tries to turn yellow in my new direction, but it's too late and then it doesn't matter anyway because I can just turn right again in the empty intersection no matter what the light says. Hah! Take that, Traffic Light That Hates Me!

No comments: