So, herewith, a pasta sauce in reply to her response. It doesn't have salmon in it, but could conceivably include salmon...
- Fettucine with Fake Alfredo Sauce
- Half a stick of butter (4 tablespoons)
- around ten sliced small portabella mushrooms
- minced garlic
- a pint of heavy cream
- spinach (in the U.S., these are sold in the bagged salad section already washed; very convenient. Each bag is worth about 3 side salads, I think.)
- shredded parmesan cheese - I basically just keep sprinkling it into the pan until it looks right
- freshly grated black pepper
- one 10 oz bag of medium-sized shrimp
- a 14 oz package of fettucine noodles (just over 300g), or equal amount of whatever other pasta
Melt butter in pan. Cook the mushrooms in it. Add garlic. Add cream. When it boils, add spinach. When it wilts, add parmesan. Add pepper and nutmeg.
Meanwhile, boil the pasta. A minute or so before it's done, dump in the shrimp. When shrimp is pink, drain the water. Put noodles and shrimp into the pan with the sauce.
Stir and enjoy.