06 June 2009

Mies Del Dolor

Blind Guardian is a Swedish German metal band that gets regularly recommended to me, based on what else I like (Rammstein, Megaherz/Eisbrecher, Nightwish, symphonic metal in general). Most of their songs make no impression on me whatsoever - it's pleasant enough background music in my Pandora seed rotation, but doesn't draw my attention enough to find out what it is or who's playing it.

Except for Mies Del Dolor. It's in Spanish, unlike most of their songs which are in English, and it sounds nothing like most songs in Spanish I'm exposed to. This is more like a ballad.



So far as I know, there isn't a readily available English translation of the lyrics. I have no idea what they're singing. Which is not unlike the current state of my thoughts on romance in general, which might be part of why I like it so much. :)



UPDATE: Figures. There's a version of this in English, under a different name!



I think I still like it better in Spanish though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blind Guardian are German, not Swedish.

MWT said...

... oh.

I knew that. I did!!! >.<

Fixed, thanks. :)