29 March 2008

UCF Back Fence | Chain of Inspiration

Well, it's been around for a couple months now, and so far we've had visits from Tom, John, Nathan, Shawn, Jeri, Michelle, and Tania. Most people seem to show up between 9 and 11pm, EDT. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be in there more than three of us at a time. Anyone want to work out a day/time to all show up en masse?

A couple other notes. If I'm in there not talking, all you need to do is type out my name ("Nerwen") and it will make my computer ding, which will make me look at the window within a minute or two. If there are no dings, I tend to rotate past the chat window once every ten minutes or so while doing other things. Please wait around for a bit. :) (If I still don't show up, it probably means my boss ate me.) If the only instance of me says "Nerwen-afk" it means I'm not there.

For people who aren't interested in the UCF Back Fence, here's my favorite song at the moment:

Hand of Sorrow by Within Temptation was inspired by the Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb. The song lyrics in turn have stirred up inspiration for a story of my own. It'll be interesting to see how my story compares to the trilogy, which I won't be reading until after I'm done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm game for a scheduled time chat... although MWT is great company when I show up. :)

Anonymous said...

Dramatic song.

Not that great a series, I thought. Read it. Got bored before #2 was over. (Sorry, if Robin reads this blog. Hey - I bought all three!)

I like you, though - what I've read of you on the blogosphere. What'cha got cookin'?

Anonymous said...

I have a boring life but I tend to be available after 7:30 PST on weekdays. If that's too late I can try to flex earlier but the fam damily gets cranky when I ignore their dinner in favor of the Internet. Weekends are more hit and miss, but sometimes Sunday nights can be good.