01 October 2007

Procrastination

My high school reunion is three weeks away. I'm in charge of the newsletter, which consists of blurbs submitted by people about everything they've done since a) they've graduated, or b) the last reunion they attended. I set a deadline for these of October 1.

It's now October 1. Thus far I've done nothing but let them collect in my email while listening to people thank me for my hard work. I received 9 blurbs out of a graduating class of 134 before the stated deadline. I received my first plea for an extension eight minutes after. I fully expect it will be the first of many. And I have no intention of even starting to assemble the newsletter for another two weeks - at which point it will probably take a couple days to lay out and print.

Hmmm. Come to think of it, I need to write a blurb.

No comments: